Opportunities for participation & providing feedback to our Re-Vision Team
Lake Deaton will soon launch our church-wide study of the book, Five Practices of a Fruitful Congregation. Beginning April 11, our worship services will focus on the themes of this book as we listen for God’s direction and explore what these practices might mean for our church. This study is part of our revisioning process, and the Re-Vision Team is eager to have everyone participate and provide input as we develop the Vision, Core Values, and some strategic goals for our church over the next 2-3 years. We want everyone to be involved!
Small Group opportunities - In addition to reading the book and viewing our daily online video devotional, we encourage everyone to participate in a group for conversation and fellowship. We know the Holy Spirit moves whenever Christians come together in prayer, love, and seek God’s guidance and we expect God to make clear the path for our church’s future through this process. The Re-Vision Team will be providing a study guide with questions for each chapter to assist you. The answers to these questions will also provide important input to the planning process.
When does the study begin? Existing small groups will determine their own meeting schedules. The following dates and themes are for our weekly worship services. Our study and discussion of the sermon topic and book chapter will occur the week following the worship. Example: Following the weekend worship services, April 12 - 17 we will be discussing Being a Fruitful Congregation using chapter 1 as our text.
April 11 - Responding to the Light – Being a Fruitful Congregation - Chapter 1
April 18 - Responding to the Light - Radical Hospitality - Chapter 2
April 25 - Responding to the Light – Passionate Worship - Chapter 3
May 2 - Responding to the Light – Risk-Taking Mission & Service - Chapter 4
May 9 - Responding to the Light – Intentional Faith Development - Chapter 5
May 16 - Responding to the Light – Extravagant Generosity - Chapters 6 & 7
How can you participate? Click here to sign up for you group option.
- Our existing small groups meeting in homes will have the opportunity to study the book together. Please check with your group facilitator if your group has not already discussed using this book as a study.
- ZOOM Groups - no matter where you are located, you can join us using ZOOM. Each week there are 3 ZOOM gatherings. If you miss one, you can join any of the others! All run for 6 weeks. Tuesday at 10:00am Zoom class - starting on April 13; Tuesday at 7:00pm Zoom class - starting on April 13; Thursday at 2:00pm Zoom class - starting on April 15.
- Wednesday in-person groups - starts meeting on Wednesday, April 14 at 3:00 pm in the CLC (Christian Life Center).
How can I get a book? The church has purchased books and they will be available to you. A suggested donation of $15 helps cover the costs but please do not let finances keep you from participating. Books are available to ALL.
You will soon be able to order books online on our web site and then pick them up at the church on the dates below. You can also purchase books on the following dates and times with cash or a check.
- April 7th and 8th from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Before and after worship services in the narthex on April 10 & April 11.